Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Marital Separation: Leading by Example

I have always wanted for women's lot in the world to improve. There is only one of me to go around, but there are billions of other men. So I seek to improve the women's lot by inspiring those men to better behavior.

When Melanie left me, I decided to set this example. I forgave her and remained good friends with her, which we are to this day. On the wedding day I conducted her down the aisle. Then I read a text that said,

“It says, 'If you love someone, set her free. If she does not come back she was never yours. If she does come back keep her forever.'

“I could have easily been going around getting people's sympathy; but I hold myself to a higher standard of conduct than that.

“Melanie, I am sorry I could not have been a better husband, and I hope that Malcolm does a better job.

“To the newlyweds.”

This, I have found, works a lot better than any kind of control. Melanie now respects me, as does Malcolm, and my daughter benefits from the attention of two loving and committed parents.


The more men practice such attitudes, the better the world. And the better the lot of their children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home