Wednesday, February 10, 2016

White Racism and Black Racism


I've heard from a number of liberal white city people that they have been under nasty attacks from some black people.

My analysis is that the black people who attack the white city liberals are idiots. The white city liberals for the most part have good will toward black people. And in attacking the white people who have good will toward them, while doing nothing to confront the white people who actually hate them, the black people who do such a thing are acting in a completely self-defeating manner.

I am a white man; I make no apologies for being a white man. I was born that way. I am also a white man who thinks favorably of black people and wants to see them do well. I want to see Africa rise out of poverty; I want to see black people in America do as well as the white people. That does not mean however that I'm going to let some jerk of any race treat me like trash.

I am in no way a racist. Some of my best friends are black; and I have respect for them. But I have no respect for people who are so blinded by their hatred that they attack their potential allies. Among white people, there are people who have good will toward black people and there are people who have ill will toward black people. A black person who is truly interested in advancing the well-being of his people will be good to the white people who have good will toward him.

Racism – both white-on-black and black-on-white – is wrong. I refuse to be held accountable for the actions of people whom I do not know, and who, if they had run into me, would have most likely treated me as an enemy. I did not take part in slavery and colonialism, and if such things existed in my lifetime I most likely would have fought them. It is imperative that black people who seek their empowerment would confront those white people who actually have ill will toward them instead of attacking the white people who have good will toward them. There are white people who like black people and there are white people who hate black people; and black empowerment demands supporting the first and confronting the second.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home