Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Value of Friendship

When I was younger, there were any number of situations in which a woman wanted to be a friend, but I wanted more. My desire to want more destroyed the friendships. I have since then learned from these errors; and now I value friendship for what it is, whether or not it leads to anything else.

There was a situation where I spent a summer talking to a lady in California, then went to see her. She and I could not get along in person; however neither one of us wanted the other any kind of ill, and we remain on good terms. In another situation, where the woman wanted a friendship and I wanted more, I have since then respected her wishes, and we are now good friends.

Friendship is a valuable commodity; and I have had to learn a lot in order to keep the friendships that I've had. It's not “Let's Just Be Friends”; it's Be Friends as an affirmation of mutual goodwill. Friendship is not “just” something; real friendship can be a wonderful thing, whether or not it actualizes in a sexual relationship.

I now have any number of friends, and I am willing to go to lengths to cultivate these friendships. Some things are good all around, and goodwill is one such thing. I am willing to do a lot for my friends, and some of them help me out when I need it. That's how it is supposed to work.


I would definitely recommend that people pay more attention to their friends and that they strike up and cultivate fruitful friendships. Everyone is capable of it, and it doesn't cost a dime. Genuinely caring about people goes a long way; and it is a way to have in one's life many good things that otherwise would be missing from it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home