Monday, March 07, 2016

Wrongful Claims of American Right

This is to address the wrongful claims by the American Right.

One of these claims is that they want taxes to be low. In 1990s, I was making good money in the computer industry, and at no point did I have a problem with paying taxes. And when I myself needed help, the American government came through for me.

Another is that they are protecting gun rights. I never wanted to own a gun; I want to live in a place where the police does its job. I have nothing against the people who want guns, but I want nothing to do with their demands.

Another is that they are protecting family values. In fact, the people who actually practice family values do not benefit from this one bit. A loving, committed relationship does not find its way in the court house; and the relationships that do find themselves in the court house are relationships in which someone is doing something wrong. Which means that the family values agenda serves the wrongdoers and nobody else.

The right-wingers also get a lot of support for standing up to Islamic terrorism. In this as well they are nowhere close to being alone. There are plenty of liberals and feminists in America who are against Islamic terrorism. And some of them are out in the front lines fighting this threat.

Some of them also claim that they are protecting “life” (the embryo). I do not see how the clump of cells which is the embryo in its first trimester – or the fish which is the embryo in its second trimester – qualifies as human life. A case can be made that the third-trimester embryo is in fact human life; but none can be made that the first or the second trimester embryo qualifies as human.

Then there is the claim that they are America, and that the rest of America is not America. This is the most ridiculous claim of all. America is a huge and diverse country, and it owes to all sorts of people. Some of these vote Republicans, and others do not.

I do not understand why the claims of these people are not being put to greater scrutiny; but I am willing to do just that. Most of the claims of American Right are simply wrong. And the more people confront them, the greater becomes the knowledge and the better becomes the lot of American people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home