Tuesday, August 22, 2017

The Self-Refuting Nature Of Political Correctness

The main premise of political correctness is that nobody can state anything that may be offensive to anyone else.

By that standard political correctness is self-refuting. If someone thinks that I am a racist or a misogynist or anything of the sort, then no, I do not want to hear that; such opinions offend me.

I know what a racist is, and I know what a misogynist is. And I know most certainly that I am neither. I refuse to be the whipping boy for the supporters of an evil party line. They can fight the white supremacists themselves. They do not need me or anyone else to support them in it.

In the current conflict in Charlottesville, I do not take sides. I would normally of course side with the counter-protestors, but having seen the behavior of people who claim such associations on the Internet and elsewhere I am not making that choice. In both cases we see fascism, and in both cases we see absolutely vicious behavior. When two jerks are beating up one another, the solution is not to side with either jerk. The solution is to allow them to keep beating up one another and be glad that they are not pounding at you for a change.


I have dealt with both sets of jerks. And both very much are jerks. They keep attacking me because they see one another in me, and now they can see one another in one another. So I am doing the reasonable thing. I am getting out of the way. Pound one another to your heart's content and leave me out of the fray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home