Saturday, October 21, 2017

Racism And Multiculturalism

There are many black people who militate against white people. It is correct that white people treated black people badly. However they did so with the agreement of African leaders, who sold their own people into slavery in order that they could make a buck.

After colonialism, for a long time the situation was not much better. A Mobutu or a Mengistu was not better than the white colonists. From the position of the person who is being oppressed, it does not matter who oppresses him. Whether a white man cuts off your hand or whether a black man cuts off your hand, your hand has been cut off.

Now some people would see such opinions as being racist. They are in fact the opposite of being racist. They are opinions that hold the black man to the same standard of accountability as they hold the white man. They are opinions that do not treat black people as children, but as adults. And that, once again, makes them the opposite of racism. It makes them the opinions that treat black people as grownups who are responsible for their actions.

I am close to a number of women who are black. Many of them have negative things to say about how their own black men have treated them. When I care about someone, I stand against the people who treat them badly. That, once again, is the case regardless of their race.

I find it infuritating how some white women see anything that white men do to them as abuse, but excuse even the worst abuse against women who are not white under the claim of mutliculturalism. Equality means accountability, and that is the case both for men who are white and for men who are not. If a man from Iran or Uganda is treating his wife like dirt, then that is just as much the problem as is the case if a man from Indianapolis is treating his wife like dirt. I stand against the disgusting behavior by both parties.

When I was a part of a mostly-black poetry reading in DC, a young black woman was reading a poem that kept going on, “Just say you are sorry.” I do not see for one moment why I should be sorry for the actions of the people whom I would have opposed if I had been alive at that time. I am against wrong treatment of people, whoever does it and whenever he does it.

So then there is the claim that I benefit from the system that has oppressed black people. So do many of the black people in America today. Most American black people enjoy a standard of living that far surpasses that of their own countries. As for the white people, it bears stating that during the Civil War many white men lost their lives in order to liberate black people from slavery. It is completely wrong to attack white people for sins that they themselves did not commit.

I am not a racist. I am the opposite of a racist. I hold black people to the same standard to which I hold white people. I treat black people as adults, not as children. If a black person is doing the right thing, I support him. If a black person is doing the wrong thing, I want to see him confronted on that.

Do the black people have a long history of victimization? Yes, but they are not the only ones. I am ethnically Jewish. The Jewish people have experienced horrors like you would not believe. However I do not seek a destruction of Germany or Poland. I want to see both places fix whatever is wrong with them and become the best places that they can be.

If you are black, that does not mean that you should be treated like a child. You should be treated in the equal way as white people: As adults. You are responsible for what you are doing to your own people.

And once black people – both in Africa and outside of Africa – understand this, they actually have a chance of making their own people well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home