Wednesday, December 20, 2017

In Praise Of Swedes

Living as I do in a major tourist destination, I have interacted with a number of people from Sweden. I was impressed with what I have seen. They are smart, hard-working and in excellent physical shape. And unlike any number of other people who have the same traits, they behave in a friendly and humble manner.

There is more to like about Sweden besides its young people. Sweden gave the world Abba and Europe. Sweden gave the world Volvo and Saab. Sweden has been highly influential around the world as a center of women's rights. And, unlike the American feminists, they have achieved that without teaching women to be horrible people.

For a country of 8 million people, that is impressive. Per unit of population, the only people who compare to the Swedes in their contributions of the civilization are the Jews and the Irish.

So I am writing this to express my respect for the Swedish people. They have a lot to be proud of, and I hope that more people have respect for them as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home