Thursday, January 04, 2018

Romanticism And Rage

There are many people who want one to look inside, and that is fine. When I look inside what I find the most is rage over what happened to my people. By “my people” I don't mean the Russians or the Jews. By “my people” I mean the classical liberals and the Romantics. Basically, our women have been treated as punching bags and our men have been treated as criminals. And now, to add even more insult to injury, we have some in feminism accusing our type of misogyny when it is misogyny that our type did the most to fight.

Claim that anger is incompatible with love or enlightenment, I do not care. If you love a woman you will be angry if some idiot doctor kills her through medical malpractice. Expecting anything else is not enlightenment or love, it is foolishness. So I am angry, and for a very legitimate reason. My kind of people has been viciously mistreated from all sides, with eyes – by some – not only toward mistreatment but toward extermination. And I have every reason to be angry about that.

So the same people who take part in these extermination campaigns then go around posturing that they are compassionate or considerate people. They are neither of the above. They are fascists. They have decided that some people are evil and can only be evil whatever they do. This militates against most basic reason – something that these people likewise claim to be their value. Anything capable of choice is capable of rightful choice. Their mentality is irrational, it is cruel and it is wrong. What they have done is perpetrate, under the banner of science, the worst witch hunt in the history of the United States. They have decided, once again, that some people are evil and can only be evil whatever they do, however hard they work and whatever work they do on themselves. And the same people who have been running this horrible witch hunt have been going around pretending to be compassionate people.

One of the most ridiculous things that I have seen from these people is portraying the people who actually have been bullied as bullies, and the people who actually have altruistic values as narcissists or sociopaths. This is beyond wrong. This is precisely wrong. This is presenting things as their opposites. What we find here is a mentality that is not only incorrect but in fact the opposite of what actually is the case. What we find here is a Big Lie; and I for one cannot begin to figure out how such a thing has happened in America of all places.

Regarding America, well. I spent the first 12 years of my life in the former Soviet Union, and these two countries did not get along. I did absorb a lot of anti-American propaganda as a child; but as an adult I've had to figure out who was right and about what, and I ended up agreeing on many things with the Americans. But one thing that I do not agree and will not agree about is the direction that has been taken against romantic-minded people. Romantic-minded women are not “codependents,” and romantic-minded men are not “predators” or “misogynists.” We are simply people who can see lovable qualities in other people and love them rightfully as a result.

Oh wow, it reasons. We thought that it was a brute beast. That you thought that shows just how wrong your thinking is, on this matter and on many others. You think you own reason? But your own mentality is completely irrational. You have decided that some people can only do evil whatever they do, which is probably one of the most irrational claims that have ever been made at any kind of a credible level.

So here I am, addressing all this ugliness that has been dished out, especially against the kind of people I care about. Maybe I should just shut up and enjoy my blessings, which are many; but these are things that need to be said. Most people who need to see this said are very gentle souls, and even if they are strong people – and some of them very much have been – they would not want to do this. At which point an asshole like me stands to come along and do the job for them.


Michelle, Julia, Melanie: This is for you. And I hope that other people who care about the kinds of things that we care about make a rightful use of these arguments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home