Wednesday, June 17, 2015

The Benefits of Cultural Mix


The best outcome of contact between different cultures is them teaching each other what they are good at. This is certainly the case with the contact between Russia and America. The Russians can't teach Americans how they can make money or how they can have a good government. The Russians can however teach Americans how they can write good poetry or how to have an effective primary education system.

On their part, the Americans stand to teach Russians how to make money and how to have a good government.

I have spent any number of years translating classical Russian poetry into English. That is my contribution to both Russia and America. I am helping to bring the treasures of Russian culture into America, where they stand to enrich America's own culture. In effect, I am doing my patriotic duty to both countries in which I have lived, and both of which I love.

Bringing what someone else is good at into one's own society helps to enrich the society. It brings intelligence, wisdom and passion into the country, allowing the country to benefit from all of the above.

The more this is done, the greater grows the country's culture. The better it is for the country and for the rest of the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home