Sunday, December 04, 2016

Donald Trump, Narcissism and Feminism

Social movements have a habit of empowering the people who least deserve it while attacking the people who deserve it the least.

When 1990s hysteria took place, it did not do just about anything to confront men who were actual abusers. Instead it attacked people like me. Likewise when the reaction against feminism happened, it did nothing to confront the world's Catherine McKinnons. Instead it came down on people such as my former wife, who is one of the best people I know. In both cases the wrong people were empowered, and in both cases the wrong people got attacked.

In such situations not only are the wrong things done, but precisely the wrong things get done. Things are being represented as their opposites. Someone loves women, call him a misogynist. Someone honest, call him a sociopath. Someone altruistic, call him a narcissist. A woman is a loving and caring mother, call her a maternal gatekeeper.

What is known as sanity is, and always has been, a lie. Not only is it a lie, but it is a Big Lie. It is something that represents things as their opposites. This has been done to me, and this has been done to my former wife. And I don't know how many others.

What is the source of this racket? Well, there are many of them. Some come from the academia. Some come from the media. Some come from the church. In all cases, things get represented as their opposites; and the result is the population being conned.

The people who cry wolf do not become credible when a real wolf appears. The people who portray me as a misogynist or a narcissist or anything of the sort do not become credible when met with a real misogynist or a real narcissist. Donald Trump has been described as both a narcissist and a misogynist. I do not necessarily agree with that. I do however most certainly agree that this is someone whom people like that deserve.

America once had King Stump. It was known as Bill Clinton. Clinton did many things for American people, but American people kept treating him like dirt. Then they got King Stork that was Bush Jr. And now they are getting an even bigger King Stork. I do not give a damn about Bill Clinton's personal life. He got rid of the deficit, and he created 23 million private-sector jobs. The feminists who attacked Hillary Clinton for staying with him despite his philandering have no sense of perspective. If Hillary Clinton had been with a Nascar Republican, she would have been a pregnant-and-barefoot punching bag. Instead she became the most powerful woman in the world.

One owes absolutely no loyalty to the people who treat him like dirt; and I have been treated as worse than dirt by American feminists. As a father, I most certainly want my daughter to have opportunities; but neither will I stand to have her mistreated by feminists for being pretty and kind. She has always been that way, and it is in no way owed to my instruction. As a child, I did not care what I looked like and was not a friendly person. Whereas her first social interaction outside the family was coming up to another little girl and giving her a hug.

The problem with the idea of the narcissistic personality disorder is that it would pathologize everyone who's ever made a significant contribution. If it is narcissistic to seek great success, or if it is narcissistic to have original ideas, then just about everyone who's made a major contribution was a narcissist. This is a mentality that would pathologize what made America great in the first place; and it is a sad state of affairs indeed if it takes a Russian immigrant to remind them of that.

Maybe Trump is something that needs to happen in America. Maybe that is what it would take to give these people a sense of perspective. That way they would be less likely to make mountains out of molehills on trivial issues and wrong issues, and they would have to deal with actual problems, of which there are many.

I fought the 1990s hysteria ever since I knew what it was. I did things of which I am not proud, but I was 16. The horrible things that were said about me stayed in my mind; and I have had to do a lot of work to undo them.

So now America has a president whom psychology describes as a narcissist and a misogynist. Maybe it is necessary that this happen. Maybe it is necessary that people get their heads screwed on straight and know what a narcissist or a misogynist is and what it isn't.

I have respect for Donald Trump. He is an excellent businessman, and he has great taste. He has produced magnificent architecture. I do not look back either to 1960s or 1980s. I look back to 1920s. That is the time that America became the undisputed leader of the world. And it is a time that produced both great economic and technological progress as well as excellent architecture and art.

Of course art has been taken into a terrible place by postmodernism. They rejected the great Western literary and artistic tradition and replaced it with absolute junk. Maybe it will take someone who hasn't been a part of this horrible movement to re-create culture. Maybe it will take someone who isn't beholden to the academia to stand up to horrible trends in the academia. Maybe it will take someone whom these scoundrels regard as a narcissist to make America a great country again.


To the people who keep throwing around terms such as narcissist: Now you're dealing with a real one. And he is someone whose side I will take. When a profession goes off a cliff, it takes reality to stand up to it. You kept accusing me of being a narcissist or a sociopath. And now an actual narcissist is in charge of your country. You cried wolf, and now there is a real wolf. Hope you enjoy your interaction with him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home